marry a Filipina

• Sorry dat I am writing this in English but if I did it in German you would laugh that hard that you forgot what you were reading.

I do have a question.

As a Belgian I know that most of the Belgian guys who marry a Filipina do this in the Philippines, then go home and ask for Family reunion. What's the best way if a German marries a Filipina?
    Why as a Belgian do I ask this question. At the moment I'm in the Philippines and I know here a Filipina who is going to marry a German guy. He wants to marry in Germany? Is this the best way to do so? She asked at the ambassy for a fiancee visa.

She already quit her job because she has to go to Manila for an interview at the embassy. For me that's not that clever. I would have asked a few days off (possible because she is working many years for that boss and he knows about the relationship).

The girl asked for advise, but I don't know the german rules. so if you can give me good and fast info that will be very helpfull for her

Thanks

tbennekik

• Hi,

I am no expert when it comes to German rules. Personally, I'd choose to get married in Germany even if means none of my relatives or friends would be physically there to witness and celebrate with us. Marrying here in the Philippines and then be separated for many months while waiting for the visa is not a good idea. Waiting game is not fun at all. It's not good for newly weds to be separated in my opinion. It can be frustrating and would potentially make the relationship sour. I've waited long enough to meet that special someone, I just don't think I can wait for another few months that will feel like forever.

My love and I plan to get married next year in Germany. (Perhaps we could have another wedding here in Manila after a year or so, depends on our budget.) But I won't quit my job until then, he said it will take a few months to process the fiancé visa.

Best wishes to her and good luck!

• Wedding at Philippines is the best way. I marry in December.. take all papers with me to Germnany .. register the wedding and get same day german wedding ceritificate. Then i go with the original papers (ph marry certificate, copy of german certificate, NSO paper where is marry there and copy from new passport from my wife) to the foreigner registery office and they give the ok in advance to the embassy in Manila. After marry it needs about 4 weeks till have all papers at Ph. In Germany need 1 or 2 days then i have it too. I email the german papers to my wife and she make apply for Reunion Visa. German embassy have written email then if made all like that it needs maximum 2 weeks till get the visa.

Papers what need for marry is same if do it in Germany or at Ph. Marry at Ph need a paper more from german embassy. Checklists what papers need for marry can download from website from Embassy in Manila. My wife have made the german language test longer time ago already.

• Hello,

the ways are similar when you get married in Germany and Philippines. All papers must be proofed from the Pinay before they can marry. There is just a bit faster way over Hong Kong where is no document proof before married. And as Debbie told it need month to proof for the Embassy all documents.

for me feelings to marry in German is a bit faster. The proof from the Standesamt must be done at both ways before (Hong Kong not). if you get married in Germany after that proof she will get Visa and can come. by the other way he must fly there married and then they need to have all documents (NSO need a bit time) to ask for Visa. Then it take also a bit time to proof for the Embassy to come over. so in both way the NSO documents take it a bit longer (passport need also to be changed).

to quit the Job for providing the embassy the Documents are not a good thing. it can be just that she need to learn their German for A1. I am not sure where she is from and if she can learn there also German. When she just gives the documents it will take a few month minims to get the visa. I think then its better she stay in the job and just take some leaf day. Maybe unpaid days. That’s better the quit the Job.

regard

Michel

• That the proof from documents from Embassy need months is complete nonsense. My girlfriend needed for get all papers and authorize it and translate in german 2 weeks only.. The embassy don´t proof the papers they send it to Germany to the foreign register office for proof it.. and the postway need 3 weeks. . that is the longest part.. if take the papers himselfes to the german foreign register office it is very short time... they send ok in advance before make apply for visa to the embassy in Manila.. The problem is if people cann´t read the checklists from the embassy and have wrong one.. or the girl don´t get the paper cz is married or such then it is a problem.. but that is a really problem then.

• That the proof from documents from Embassy need months is complete nonsense.

Its really true that alone the examination of the documents of the filipina will take some month, in my case 4 month.

Here is a link about the "Examination of philippine documents"

There u can read: "A processing time of 4 month (in few cases 6 month) must be expected."

But in some cases the german registry office (Standesamt) dont require an examination of the documents.

BTW: To get married in philippines a german resident need beside from other documents an "Ehefähigkeitszeugnis". To get this the german registry office require the same documents from the filipina like when u want to get married in germany, inlcuding the examination of the documents.

• I marry in december.. so i know exactly how long need it.. the documents from my future wife... she go there and wait always for get it... she get it all at same day was there.. at NSO .. at notery.. at AA in Roxas ave ... the translation needed 4 days at Dr. Locker in Manila..he is certificated at a court in Baden Würthemberg. About how long need the visa i included the email from the german embassy in Manila.. After married i get the papers incluced new passport in 4 weeks.

• About how long need the visa i included the email from the german embassy in Manila.. After married i get the papers incluced new passport in 4 weeks.

If You read the answer of the embassy carefully, you will agree, that it's not confirmed that the visa will be issued within 4 weeks after marriage.
    It's still possible, that the ABH (alien office) requests the examation of the documents.

In case , that your documents should not be examinated, you can't propagate it to other cases.
    Be aware, that the majority of visa applications have to undergo the examination of the philippine documents.

hge

• Hello Grimm,

just read your text:

1. After married i get the papers incluced new passport in 4 weeks.
    2. The embassy don´t proof the papers they send it to Germany to the foreign register office for proof it.. and the postway need 3 weeks.
    3. 10 Days the embassy need to make visa after a AHB answer

this is already over 8 weeks. for me a few month are more the one month. and if you like to read this is a copie of the last verssoin of the embassy:

Langzeitvisa bedürfen der Zustimmung durch die zuständige Ausländerbehörde am künftigen deutschen Wohnort (§
    31 AufenthVO); das Visum kann erst nach Eingang der Zustimmung erteilt werden.
    Es muss mit einer mehrmonatigen Bearbeitungszeit gerechnet werden. Diese ist u.a. davon abhängig, ob eine
    Urkundenüberprüfung eingeleitet werden muss. Im Fall einer spätbeurkundeten Geburtsurkunde wird automatisch
    eine Urkundenüberprüfung erforderlich. In diesem Fall sind die im Merkblatt zur Urkundenüberprüfung (erhältlich auf
    der Webseite der Botschaft über folgenden Link:
    http://www.manila.diplo.de/Ver…ce/Legalisierung__Urkunde
    n.html) aufgeführten Urkunden und Unterlagen einzureichen.

for me its mehrmonatig means a few month. you can read it here: http://www.manila.diplo.de/con…39290/MB_fz_dt_feb_11.pdf

when you read then a bit also here in the forum then you now just in a month you can get the visa.

If they will the prove also the dokuments because the AHB or standesamt want it you have to wait the 4 - 6 month.

Die Bearbeitungsdauer für die Überprüfung dauert nach bisherigen Erfahrungen vier Monate (in Einzelfällen
    auch sechs Monate).

to find here in http://www.manila.diplo.de/con…sation_urkunden_apr11.pdf

also all in English:
    http://www.manila.diplo.de/con…family_reunion_feb_11.pdf
    http://www.manila.diplo.de/con…_exam_phil_docs_apr11.pdf

thats why i never will tell everyone is just short to do when you cant be sure what all happened. im very sure that i will help when she stay at work. the one reason to get out i told thats the German A1 if she just can do it in manila.

regards
    Michel

• Feb 2003 we did our wedding in the Philippines - same month as I applied for my visa
    May 5 2003 I came in Germany - I must say I was lucky to have my Visa with no complications
    probably because I did every single paper alone? - who knows.. Everyone has their own story.

• Feb 2003 we did our wedding in the Philippines - same month as I applied for my visa
    May 5 2003 I came in Germany - I must say I was lucky to have my Visa with no complications
    probably because I did every single paper alone? - who knows.. Everyone has their own story.

Yes, your last sentence is correct.

My wedding in the Philippines was in June 2001 and my wife came with her Visa in Semptember 2001 to Germany. From January 2001, the date of our decision to become couples, until her arrival we just needed 9 months.

But of course, the difficulties to get the financee visa increased up from 2005 by changing the requirements which are needed for an emigration in Germany forced by the goverment.

• wedding / weddingparty

depense what he or she like , the weddingparty is better in the philippines....i spend 8 ys ago only 300 euro for more than 100 visitors, just make or try this europe ?? not under 3 or 4000 euro possible. but not only the money - also all the relatives and offcourse the parents in law can join and share ...

sts

Leben wie Rockefeller, warum kaufen wenn mieten so einfach ist.